isla releases report on event sustainability impacts in UK
Events industry body isla has released its first industry report exploring the impacts of event sustainability in the United Kingdom.
The report – Temperature Check 2022-2022: an exploration of sustainable progress in the UK event industry – combines insights from TRACE, isla’s event carbon measurement platform, and from its wider membership community.
Key areas in the report include:
- Trends in event carbon emissions from TRACE
- Practical actions the events industry can take today, to ensure a brighter tomorrow
- Why the concepts of climate literacy and carbon instinct are key to business transformation against the backdrop of the climate crisis
- How organisations can reframe key challenges on the path to event decarbonisation as opportunities and the rewards these can present to businesses
- How the events industry can work together to harness the power of collaborative advantage
Anna Abdelnoor, isla CEO and founder, said that the time to act on these issues is now.
“The climate crisis is happening now, and action to address it must continue at pace,” she said. “The industry has been crying out for the insight and guidance it needs to take meaningful action to address climate change. Achieving net zero faces a myriad of challenges ranging from a lack of coherent policy to perceived barriers to moving from ‘business as usual’ to businesses fit for the future. This report will act as a beacon for the industry.”
>> Stand 9012