Conventa reduces carbon footprint
At Conventa 2023, organisers were able to reduce the trade show’s carbon footprint by 8.9% by focusing on transport.
Overall, the transport footprint, as measured by ClimatePartner, fell from 90.7% of the event’s total footprint in 2022, to 81.8% in 2023. That includes reductions in the footprint of transporting attendees and transporting equipment.
Conventa co-founder Gorazd Cad said that organisers had 19 partners helping them gather the data for this year’s event.
“The timely inclusion of partners into the process of reducing our carbon footprint was imperative,” Cad said. “A crucial tool to measure the carbon footprint was our Green Handbook, which has become a kind of bible for organising sustainable events as it offers an array of handy tips and measures.”
In addition, exhibitors at the trade show said in a post-show survey that they have been adopting more sustainable practices, including:
- Bans on plastic
- Wooden stands made from reusable wooden crates
- Water in reusable glass bottles
- Lanyards made from reusable cork
- Predominantly plant-based food
- Advocacy for walking to venues
- Reduced use of printed materials
- Digitalisation of communication via the mobile app
>> Stand C400